This year of 2017, Gudi Padwa OR Ugadi OR Yugadi is on 29 March, 2017. Its called a first of Maharashtrian and Konkanis new year which they are celebrated with lots of joy, fun and happines. In some states, this festival is celebrated with the names like Gudi Padva in Mrathi, Ugadi in Telugu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Yugadi in Kannada.
Gudi Padwa and Ugadi 2017 comes with the marks of new year in every Chaitra month. It is most popular and harvesting festivals of India. As per the pauranik katha, this festival is celebrated on defeat of Ravana in the hands of Lord Rama and his eventual happy return to Ayodhya.
Gudi Padwa (Ugadi) 2017: Shubh Mahurat, Time & Date
- Date: 28th March, 2017
Marathi Vikram Samvat 2074 Begins
- Tatipada Tithi Begins = 08:26 on 28/Mar/2017
- Pratipada Tithi Ends = 05:44 on 29/Mar/2017
According to Kalnirnay Clendar 2017
- Amavasya will ends at 8.27am in the morning and Padwa days will starts from 8.27am.
Gudi Padwa 2017: Pooja Vidhi
Its a Matathi new year so the day start with the ritual of oil bath & Neem leaves at morning with gods prayers. After that making a beautiful rangoli design at entrance of the house to welcome the god and also making a swastik sign OR haldi- kumkum at place of puja places.
On this North Indians are starting the preparation of Chaitra Navratri for nine days and eating Neem with Mishri on first day.
Gudi Padwa (Ugadi) 2017: Shubh Choghadiya & Panchang
- Sunrise : 06:39, Sunset : 18:49, Moonrise : 06:45, Moonset : 19:16
- Shaka Samvat : 1938 Durmukha, Vikram Samvat : 2073 Saumya, Gujarati Samvat : 2073
- Amanta Month : Phalguna, Purnimanta Month : Chaitra, Paksha : Krishna Paksha, Tithi : Amavasya upto 08:26
- Skipped Tithi : Pratipada upto 29:44+
- Nakshatra : Uttara Bhadrapada upto 13:41, Yoga : Brahma upto 18:14
- First Karana : Nagava upto 08:26, Second Karana : Kinstughna upto 19:08, Skipped Karana : Bava upto 29:44+
- Sunsign : Meena, Moonsign : Meena
- Rahu Kalam : 15:47 - 17:18, Gulikai Kalam : 12:44 - 14:16, Yamaganda : 09:42 - 11:13, Abhijit : 12:20 - 13:09
- Dur Muhurtam : 09:05 - 09:54, Dur Muhurtam : 23:33 - 24:20+, Amrit Kalam : 09:13 - 10:42, Varjyam : 24:40+ - 26:08+