The special thing about the Mahakali temple of Pavagadh built in Panchmahal district of Gujarat is that there is a statue of Dakshinmukhi Kali Maa. This temple is at an elevation of about 550 meters among the high hills of Pavagadh. The ancient Mahakali temple located in Pavagadh is one of the Shaktipeeths of Mother.
Earlier it was impossible to cover this hill.. Because, this hill is surrounded by a deep moat around it, due to which the velocity of air is high here. It is said that due to the breast fall of Jagatjanani, the temple located here, this place is considered very revered and sacred. There is also a special thing here that there is an idol of Dakshina Mukhi Kali Maa, which is worshiped in the South ie Tantric worship. It is believed that the fingers of the right foot of Maa Parvati fell on the Pavagadh mountain.
The temple is located near the ancient capital of Gujarat, Champaranya, about 50 km from Vadodara city. The Pavagadh temple is situated on a high hilltop. After descending from the ropeway, you have to climb about 250 steps, then you will reach the main gate of the temple. Checkout Pavagadh Mahakali Temple timings, aarti, ringtone, video, MP3 songs, live darshan, conact number and details.
Pavagadh Mahakali Temple Story and History
According to Devi Purana, Mother Sati gave up her life by force of yoga because of not being able to bear the insult of Shiva in Yajna of Prajapati Daksha. Shiva Shankar, distressed by the death of Sati, wandered throughout the universe, dancing the Tandava with his dead body. To save the world, Lord Vishnu sliced Sati's dead body from the cycle. At that time, where the parts, clothes and ornaments of Mother Sati fell, Shaktipeeth became there. Sati's chest had fallen on Pavagadh. This place is considered very revered and sacred due to Jagatjanani's breast fall. There is an idol of Dakshin Mukhi Kali Devi, which is worshiped in the South ie Tantric worship.
Note: Pavagadh Temple height is 550 metres and steps are 250 from Machi Haveli.
Pavagadh Mahakali Temple Darshan Timings
- Kalika Mata Temple open at 05:00 AM to 07:00 PM - All Days
Pavagadh Mahakali Temple Aarti Timings
- Temple Timing : 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Morning Aarti : 5:00 AM
- Evening Aarti : 7:00 PM
Note: Devotees are not allowed in Aarti.
Pavagadh Mahakali Temple Live Darshan or Aarti Online
Pavagadh Temple Ropeway Price
- The new ticket price is Rs 170.
Pavagadh Temple Ropeway Timings
- Start from morning 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM (last return cable car is at 7:30 PM)
- It just takes about 6 minutes to reach by ropeway
Pavagadh Mahakali Temple Aarti Free Download (MP4 Song Videos)
- મહાકાળી માં ની આરતી | HETAL JAYSWAL - Download Link
- Aarti Utaro Mari Mahakali | Hemant Chauhan | Mahakali Aarti - Download Link
- Aarti Pavagadh Dham Ma Thay | Kanu Patel | महाकाली माँ की आरती - Download Link
How To Reach Pavagadh Mahakali Temple?
By Air: The nearest airport is Ahmedabad Airport, which is about 190 km from here and 50 km from Vadodara.
By Train: The nearest railway station is Vadodara connecting Ahmedabad to Mumbai. You can reach by Gujarat State Road Transport buses and, own cars or Private taxi.
By Road: State buses and private vehicles are available from ll the major towns of Gujarat to access the temple. The Nearest Bus stop is in Halol which is just 8 km. The temple can be reached easily by rope-way.
Pavagadh Mataji Temple Distance to other Towns and Cities:
- Halol town to Pavagadh is 6 Kms.
- Vadodara to Pavagadh is 48 Kms.
- Ahmedabad to Pavagadh is 150 Kms.
Pavagadh Mahakali Temple Contact Details and Phone Number
- Pavagadh Hill, Pavagadh, Panchmahal, Gujarat 389360
- Phone : 02676 228888, 01,02
Map of Pavagadh Mahakali Mandir in Panchmahal
Pavagadh Mahakali Maa Mp3 Ringtones List
- Ma Kali Pavagadh Ringtone - Download
- Mahakali Ni Aarti Ringtone - Download
- Khama Mari Pava Vadi Ma Ringtone - Download
- Mari Pava Vadi Ma - Devotional Ringtone - Download
- A Tu To Kali Ne Kaly Ringtone - Download