Among all the deities, not only the foremost deity but also Lord Ganesha is worshiped in all the deities who are known in common parlance by the names Gajanan, Ganpati, Siddhivinayak, Vakratund etc. There are many temples of Lord Ganesha in almost all major cities and villages of India.
The Aithor temple of Shri Ganpati Dada, which is famous all over Gujarat, is located at a distance of only 4 km from Unjha in Mehsana district on the banks of the river Pushpavati. The idol of Shri Ganpati Dada seated in this temple is not a marble or any other metal idol. But made from molasses (clay). This ancient idol is adorned with vermilion. The idol of Shri Ganapati Dada with the left trunk is rarely seen all over India
Various legends are prevalent about the Aithor Ganpati temple of the Solanki period, on the right side of the premises of this Ganapati temple is an ancient Vishnu temple whose original statue does not exist. According to the legend connected with this temple, the statue installed in this temple dates back to the Pandava era. In ancient times, the Solanki rulers would often come and worship here and only after worshiping here on the occasion of the inauguration of a great work would they proceed.
History of Ganpati Temple in Aithor (Story)
According to the attached myths about the temple, in ancient times the deities were associated with the marriage of Devaraja Indra, but Ganapati with a crooked trunk was not invited due to his strange appearance. When Jan reached the temple of Somnath Mahadev between Aithor and Unjha, all the chariots fled due to Ganesha's anger. Explaining the reason behind the incident, the gods worshiped 33 crore gods and goddesses on the banks of the river Pushvavati to convince Ganesha. Even today there is a temple of 33 crore gods and goddesses on the banks of the river.
When the whole Shiva family came to know about the marriage of Devraj Indra, when Ganeshji got tired of walking, Shivaji called him 'Here Ther', from which the name of the village is believed to have originated. Ganeshji stopped to rest in the eighties. When Shiva, Parvati and Kartikeya went ahead in Jaan, but after walking a little distance Parvati refused to go forward without a son and they stopped at Unjha. Where Umiya Mata is stationed today. Kartikeya also refused to go further without his brother and mother and stopped at Siddhpur, where Kartikeya's temple is located.
Aithor Ganpati Mandir Darshan Timings
- 5:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Note: All days of the week
Live Aarti and Darshan from Aithor Ganpati Temple
Calendar of Aithor Ganpati Mandir Choth List
- Date: 15-11-2019, Friday, Chandrodaya Time: 08-18 (Month - Kartak and Tithi - Vad 3)
- Date: 15-12-2019, Sunday, Chandrodaya Time: 09-06 (Month - Magsar and Tithi - Vad 3)
- Date: 13-01-2020, Monday, Chandrodaya Time: 09-01 (Month - Posh and Tithi - Vad 3)
- Date: 12-02-2020, Wednesday, Chandrodaya Time: 09-57 (Month - Maha and Tithi - Vad 4)
- Date: 12-03-2020, Thursday, Chandrodaya Time: 09-46 (Month - Fagan and Tithi - Vad 3)
- Date: 10-04-2020, Friday, Chandrodaya Time: 09-35 (Month - Chhitra and Tithi - Vad 3)
- Date: 10-05-2020, Sunday Chandrodaya Time: 10-26 (Month - Vaishak and Tithi - Vad 3)
- Date: 08-06-2020, Monday, Chandrodaya Time: 10-04 (Month - Jeth and Tithi - Vad 3)
- Date: 08-07-2020, Wednesday, Chandrodaya Time: 10-12 (Month - Ashadh and Tithi - Vad 3)
- Date: 07-08-2020, Friday, Chandrodaya Time: 09-54 (Month - Shwavan and Tithi - Vad 4)
- Date: 05-09-2020, Saturday, Chandrodaya Time: 08-58 (Month - Bhadarvo and Tithi - Vad 3)
- Date: 05-10-2020, Monday, Chandrodaya Time: 08-40 (Month - Adhik Asho and Tithi - Vad 3)
- Date: 04-11-2020, Wednesday, Chandrodaya Time: 08-45 (Month - Asho Vad and Tithi - Vad 4)
- Date: 03-12-2020, Thursday, Chandrodaya Time: 08-24 (Month - Kartak Vad and Tithi - Vad 3)
- Date: 02-01-2021, Saturday, Chandrodaya Time: 09-13 (Month - Magsar Vad and Tithi - Vad 3)
How to Reach Aithor Ganpati Mandir
There are two ways to go to Aithor Ganpati Temple from Ahmedabad. The temple is 99 km away via Kalol and Mehsana, you can reach there in 2 hours by car. When passing through Gandhinagar and Visnagar, it is 104 km. This road takes about two and a half hours to reach.
Aithor Ganpati Aarti
JAI GANESH JAI GANESH JAI GANESH DEVA
MATA JAKII PARVATII, PITAA MAHAADEVA
EKA DANTA DAYAVANTA, CAAR BHUJA DHAARII
MATHE SINDUURA SOHAI, MUUSE KII SAVARI
ANDHANA KO AANKHA DETA
KORHINA KO KAAYAA
BANJHANA KO PUTRA DETA
NIRDHANA KO MAAYA
PAANA CARHE, PHUULA CARHE
AURA CARHE MEVA
LADDUAN KO BHOGA LAGE
SANT KAREN SEVA
Aithor Ganpati Stotras, Mantra and Stotram
- Click here to Download :
Aithor Ganpati Temple Contact Details
- Shri Ganpati Mandir Trust - Aithor
- Aithor, Ta. Unjha, Dist.
- Phone No : 02767 - 253555
- Mobile No : 9510253555
- Email: email@example.com
- Trust Registration No : A-11 Mahesana.