Ekadashi when coming in Krishna Paksha of Bhadrapada is called Aja Ekadashi. This year in 2021, Aja Ekadashi Vrat will be celebrated on 3rd September, 2021 on Friday. This Ekadashi is considered to be a day dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped. Every month, two Ekadashis fall in two Pakshas, one in Shukla Paksha and the other in Krishna Paksha. It is believed that by observing Aja Ekadashi vrat (अजा एकादशी व्रत) on this day and worshiping Shri Hari Vishnu, one attains the supreme abode.
As pre Hindu calendar 2021, around 24 Ekadashi are coming in a every year but sometime it can also be 26. According to religious belief, this vart is considered as like Ashwamedha Yagna. According to Vishnu Purana and Geeta, on performing Aja Ekadashi, we can get freedom from all fear and getting the blessings of Lord Vishnu. That is why it is most important fasting days with true devotion.
Aja Ekadashi / Annada Ekadashi Date in 2021: 3rd September 2021, Friday.
Aja Ekadashi 2021 Shubh Muhurat (अजा एकादशी व्रत का शुभ मुहूर्त)
- Aja Ekadashi Date Starts (एकादशी तिथि प्रारम्भ) : 02 September from 06.22 AM
- Ekadashi Date Ends (एकादशी तिथि समाप्त) : 03 September (Ekadashi till 07.44 AM after that Dwadashi)
- Abhijeet Muhurat (अभिजीत मुहूर्त) : 12.01 PM to 12.50 PM
- Amrit Kaal (अमृत काल) : 02.07 PM to 03.50 PM
- Brahma Muhurat (ब्रह्म मुहूर्त) : 04.37 AM to 05.25 AM
- Vijay Muhurat (विजय मुहूर्त) : 02.03 PM to 02.53 PM
- Dusk (Godhuli bela) : 06.02 PM to 06.26 PM
- Sarvarthasiddhi Yoga (सर्वार्थसिद्धि योग) : 03 September 06.13 AM to 03 September 04.42 PM
- Parana Time (पारण का समय) on 4th September: 05.30 AM to 08.23 AM.
Aja Ekadashi Vrat Puja Vidhi 2021 (अजा एकादशी व्रत विधि)
- On this day one should wake up in the morning and take bath with earthen paste (मिटटी के लेप) and Kusha (कुशा).
- Get up before sunrise in the morning.
- Worship Lord Vishnu and Mata Lakshmi by cleaning the place of worship.
- Read the entire ritual and vrat story.
- Worship of Lord Vishnu, Vrat, listening to the vrat Mahatmaya.
- At the time of worship, chanting the mantra "Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya" should be done by offering clothes, sandalwood, janeu, scent, intact, flowers, incense-lamp, naivedya, betel nut.
- After this, give charanamrit (चरणामृत) to the devotees in the prasad.
- While staying fast on this day, fruit should be eaten only in the evening.
- On the next day, after giving food to the saints (साधु-संतों), they should also eat food by giving dakshina.
- On the day of Dwadashi, feed Brahmins in the morning and give charity and dakshina.
- After getting Brahmin food on Dwadashi Tithi, give donation-dakshina to them.
- Then eat yourself.
- Worship of Shri Hari Vishnu ji should be done after awakening throughout the night.
Aja Ekadashi Vrat Katha in Hindi PDF (आज की एकादशी व्रत कथा)
Importance of Aja Ekadashi Vrat (अजा एकादशी व्रत का महत्व))
There is a lot of belief in the vrat of Aja Ekadashi. This vrat is considered to be more fruitful than charity and bathing in pilgrimage, hard penance and Ashvamedha Yagna. By observing a fast on this day, a person's sorrows and sufferings are removed. From this vrat, Lord Vishnu removes all the miseries and give blessings to devotees. As a result, happiness and prosperity arrive in the house. It is believed that all kinds of sins of a human being are destroyed by observing this Aja Ekadashi vrat.
Read More Post