Pradosh vrat (प्रदोष व्रत) is coming on every month Trayodashi of Krishna and Shukla Paksha. This year the first Guru Pradosh vrat in the month of August will be observed on Thursday, August 5. and Second Shukra Pradosh vrat will be come on Friday, August 20, 2021.
This vrat is considered to be the best among the fasts of Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati. To observe Pradosh fast, We need to wake up in the morning before sunrise. One should remember the name of Lord Shiva after retiring from daily activities. All kinds of troubles are removed in the life of the one who keeps it. According to Hindu ritial, on this day Lord Shiva defeated the asuras and demons to save the gods in the earth.
If you want to remove you money related financial problems then you must observe this Shukra Pradosh Vrat in August 2021 (शुक्र प्रदोष व्रत) when it comes on Friday. By observing this fast one can be free from all kinds of diseases. This fast brings lots of joy, wealth and prosperity in life. The economic condition is strong. Get rid of debt. The old disease gets destroyed. According to the Puranas, by observing this vrat, one gets the boon of long life. You can also checkout 2021 Pradosh Vrat Ka Calendar with dates and puja vidhi.
Guru Pradosh Vrat in August 2021 (गुरु प्रदोष व्रत) is coming on every month on the day of Trayodashi of Guru Krishna Paksha. For this Pradosh Vrat, We need to do worship of Lord Shiva in the evening, around 45 minutes before sunset with the use of various flowers, red sandalwood, havan and panchamrit. An initial puja is performed in which Lord Shiva is worshiped along with Goddess Parvati, Lord Ganesha, Lord Kartik and Nandi. Lord Shiva's blessings are obtained by observing fast and worshiping on this day. Check out here Guru and Shukra Pradosh Vrat Katha in Hindi with Puja Vidhi and Time details.
Guru Pradosh Vrat Katha in Hindi (गुरु प्रदोष व्रत की कथा हिन्दी)Click Here for PDF Download
If the Pradosh vrat coming on Thuirday so it is called Guru Pradosh Vrat. The worship of Guru Pradosh Vrat is done between 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm. Apart from this, keeping the Pradosh vrat on Thursday gives the blessings of the ancestors. Guru Pradosh vrat is especially for women. Guru Pradosh Vrat is observed for marital happiness, husband happiness and good fortune.
It is said that Pradosh fast on Friday brings good luck and happiness and prosperity in married life.
Shukra Pradosh Vrat Katha in Hindi (शुक्र प्रदोष व्रत की कथा हिन्दी)Click Here for PDF Download
Shukra Pradosh Vrat is doing to remember Lord Shukra Dev on Friday and by praying of Bholenath. You can really get all types of benefit in your life and get every form of blessings. Pradosh Vrat is worshiped in the evening during Pradosh Kaal. This Pradosh time is about 1 hour before sunset, which is called Pradosh Kaal. So let us tell you about the importance of Shukra Pradosh vrat katha in Hindi and the puja vidhi..
Some rules need to fllow while doing Shukra Pradosh vrat because it is special significance in Hinduism for Shukra Pradosh fast. Eat fruits during this fast and avoid anger or controversy. Also, on the day of Pradosh fast, one must follow celibacy. Take a bath for an hour before sunset, Use Kusha's seat and more.
Guru Pradosh Vrat Date in August 2021: 5, August 2021, Thursday
Shukra Pradosh Vrat Date in August 2021: 20, August 2021, Thursday
Guru Pradosh Vrat Puja Muhurat in August 2021 (Sawan प्रदोष व्रत पूजा का शुभ मुहूर्त)
- Guru Krishna Pradosh Vrat Date : August 5, 2021, Thursday
- Guru Krishna Pradosh Vrat Puja Muhurat : 07:07 PM to 09:14 PM
- Guru Krishna Pradosh Vrat Time : 07:07 PM to 09:14 PM
- Trayodashi Tithi Starts : 05:09 PM on Aug 05, 2021
- Trayodashi Tithi Ends : 06:28 PM on Aug 06, 2021
Shukra Pradosh Vrat Puja Muhurat in August 2021
- Shukra Shukla Pradosh Vrat Date : August 20, 2021, Friday
- Shukra Shukla Pradosh Vrat Puja Muhurat : 06:53 PM to 08:50 PM
- Shukra Shukla Pradosh Vrat Time : 06:53 PM to 09:04 PM
- Trayodashi Tithi Starts : 10:54 PM on Aug 19, 2021
- Trayodashi Tithi Starts : 08:50 PM on Aug 20, 2021
Guru or Shukra Pradosh Vrat Puja Vidhi (गुरु - शुक्र प्रदोष व्रत पूजा की विधि)
- Wake up early in the morning and take bath first.
- Wear new clothes after taking bath.
- Light a lamp in the temple of the house.
- Do the fast for full day.
- Abhishek of Lord Shiva with Ganga water, and Offer flowers.
- Collect all the materials for worship.
- Fill pure water in the Kalash or Lota.
- After fasting for the whole day, one hour before sunset, after taking bath etc., white clothes are worn.
- Now Rangoli is made using five colors in this mandap. (If possible).
- Along with Bholenath, worship Goddess Parvati and Lord Ganesha on this day because Lord Ganesh is worshiped before any auspicious work.
- Offer Bhog to Lord Shiva (Please note - only sattvik things are offered to Gog).
- After purifying the place of worship with Gangajal or clean water, a pavilion is prepared by smearing it with cow dung.
- Do Worship Lord Shiva.
- Food is not taken in this fast.
- Kusha's seat need to worship Pradosh vrat
- We should sit facing the north-east direction and worship Lord Shankar.
- In worship, water should be offered to Shiva while chanting the mantra 'Om Namah Shivaya' of Lord Shiva.
- After that do the aarti of Shiva.
- Offer aarti to the people present.
- Distribute Prasad to everyone.
- After that have to take food. (Use only sweet ingredients in food).
After the doing above puja as per ritual, start listen and read stories of Lord Shiva - Guru OR Shukra Pradosha vrat katha from Shiva Purana. You can also speak Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in 108 times.
Then last puja is complete then take little water in your right hand palm and and spread on their forehead. OR you can visit the nearest Lord Shiva temples for darshan.
Guru and Shukra Pradosh Vrat Fasting Rules (गुरु - शुक्र प्रदोष व्रत के नियम)
- Wake up early in the morning
- After worshiping Lord Shiva, take a vow of fasting.
- Follow the law while worshiped.
- Water should be offered to Lord Shiva, when chanting the mantra Om Namah Shivaya.
- One should meditate on Shiva with folded hands.
- Its compulsary to listen or read the katha on Pradosh day.
- Brahmacharya should be followed on the day of Pradosh fast.
- Lord Shiva should be worshiped after taking bath one hour before sunset.
Guru and Shukra Pradosh Vrat Puja Samagri List (गुरु - शुक्र प्रदोष व्रत पूजा- सामग्री)
- Abir (अबीर)
- Gulal (गुलाल )
- Sandalwood (चंदन)
- Intact (अक्षत )
- Flower (फूल )
- Datura (धतूरा )
- Bilvapatra (बिल्वपत्र)
- Thread (जनेऊ)
- Kalawa (कलावा)
- Lamp (दीपक)
- Kapoor (कपूर)
- Incense Stick (अगरबत्ती)
- Fruit (फल)