According to the Rala Ramswaroop Hindi Calendar 2022, the festival of Karwa Chauth 2022 is celebrated on the Chaturthi of Krishna Paksha in Kartik month every year. In this vrat, married women are doing full day fast for the long life of their husbands. This year this fast will be observed on October 13, 2022, Thursday. In this vrat, married women keep a Nirjala fast for the long life of their husband and their happy life and break the fast of Karva Chauth only after offering Arghya after worshiping Ganesha at moonrise. This vrat and date is also known as Sankashti Chaturthi and Karak Chaturthi.
The Karwa Chauth (करवा चौथ 2022) vrat is observed by every married woman according to their customs, nowadays even virgin girls keep this fast for the attainment of husband like a good Lord Shiva. In India, Karva Chauth is celebrated with full tradition and gaiety especially in Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Punjab, Rajasthan, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh. On this festival, women observe a waterless fast throughout the day. Before breaking the fast, keeping a lamp in a sieve and looking at the photo or face of the husband from his oats is also a tradition of Karva Chauth festival.
On this day women dress up like a new bride. The daughter-in-law provides her mother-in-law with sugar karves, saris and makeup items. The practice of giving gifts from husband to wife is also there in this festival. On this day, Karva Mata is specially worshipped along with Lord Ganesha and Shiva-Parvati. On this day women worship together. Let's checkout the most information on Karwa Chauth 2022 katha in Hindi with puja vidhi, shubh muhurat and chandrodaya time.
When is Karwa Chauth Date in 2022?
This year Karwa Chauth is on 13th October, 2022, Thursday but the tithi will be started from 13th October and will be celebrated still 14th October, 2022, Friday.
Karwa Chauth 2022 Puja Shubh Muhurat (करवा चौथ 2022 व्रत पूजा शुभ मुहूर्त)
- Shubh Time : 18:14 PM to 19:27 PM
- Karwa Chauth Tithi Starts : 01:59 AM on Oct 12, 2022
- Karwa ChauthTithi Ends : 03:08 AM on Oct 13, 2022
Karwa Chauth 2022 Upavas Time (करवा चौथ 2022 व्रत समय)
- 06:28 AP to 20:45 PM
Karwa Chauth 2022 Chandrodaya Time - Moonrise (करवा चौथ 2022चांद निकलने का समय)
- 20:45 PM
Karwa Chauth 2022 Vrat Puja Vidhi (करवा चौथ व्रत की पूजा विधि)
- Get up in the morning before sunrise and take a bath first.
- Clean the temple and light the flame.
- Eat mixed food in the form of sargi as Karva Chauth
- Worship the gods and goddesses.
- Drink water and take a vow of Nirjala fast by worshiping God.
- In the evening, Install all the deities on an earthen altar and place them in it.
- Keep incense, lamp, sandalwood, roli, vermilion in a plate.
- Light a ghee lamp.
- First place a pot full of water on a plate and put wheat in a bowl.
- For worship, make the idol of Lord Shiva and Lord Kartikeya on the wall or on the paper and the moon under it.
- Worship this idol as well.
- Listen to the story of Karwa Chauth katha.
- Worship should be started one hour before moon rise.
- After seeing the moon, look at the husband through a sieve (छलनी).
- After this the vrat is broken by the husband by giving water to the wife.
- Keep fast for the whole day without even taking water and fruits.
- Complete this fast after worshiping the moon in the night.
- It is important to give half to the moon in night worship during Karva Chauth fast.
- After completing the fast, the woman consumes water and food in the night.
Click Here for PDF Download
Karwa Chauth 2022 Vrat Katha in Hindi PDF (करवा चौथ 2022 व्रत कथा)
As per the ritual that by listening to the katha on Karva Chauth, married women gets, happiness, peace, prosperity comes in their house and also children get happiness. Their husband live long life. The greatness of Karva Chauth has also been told in Mahabharata.
Karwa Chauth 2022 Vrat Aarti (करवा चौथ व्रत की आरती)
Karwa Chauth Sargi 2022 List (करवा चौथ में सरगी खाने का टाइम)
Sargi is the symbol of love in a saas-bahu relationship. Married women is receiving Sargi thali from her mother in law in the morning. Women should eat Sargi before sunrise from 4 to 5 pm. if you are going do first time keep Karva Chauth vrat, so here we are giving you list of things you should include in Sargi.
- Sevaiyyan or phirni (खीर या सेवई)
- Sweets (मिठाई)
- Dry fruits (ड्राई फ्रूट्स)
- Coconut Water (नारियल पानी)
- Fresh fruits (फल)
- Cooked Food
- Poori or Parathas
- Glass of Juice
Karwa Chauth 2022 Vrat Puja Samagri List (करवा चौथ व्रत की पूजन सामग्री)
- Sieve (छलनी)
- Mehndi (मेंहदी)
- Water Lota (पानी का लोटा
- Gangajal (गंगाजल)
- Sandalwood (चंदन)
- Akshat (चावल)
- Camphor (कपूर)
- Turmeric (हल्दी)
- Mahawar (महावर)
- Comb (कंघा)
- Bindi (बिंदी)
- Chunri (चुनरी)
- Bangles (चूड़ी)
- Vermilion (सिन्दूर)
- Nettle (बिछुआ)
- Kumkum (कुंकुम)
- Honey (शहद)
- Incense stick (अगरबत्ती)
- Flower (पुष्प)
- Raw Milk (कच्चा दूध)
- Sugar (शक्कर)
- Pure Ghee (शुद्ध घी)
- Curd (दही)
- Wheat (गेहूं)
- Sugar syrup
- Wooden seat (लकड़ी का आसन)
- Lamp (दीपक)
- Cotton (रुई)
- Yellow clay for making Gauri (पीली मिट्टी)
- Clay spout and lid (मिट्टी का टोंटीदार करवा व ढक्कन)
- Athwari of eight puris (आठ पूरियों की अठावरी)
- Money for dakshina (दक्षिणा)
- Pudding (हलुआ)
Karwa Chauth Vrat Udyapan Vidhi (करवा चौथ व्रत उद्यापन विधि)
- Get up early in the morning before sunrise.
- Take a shower by cleaning your kitchen thoroughly.
- Wear clean clothes.
- Invite 13 women, who is doing a Karva Chauth fast, for food by offering betel nut (सुपारी).
- Tell them to come to your place and break the fast and have food.
- Make Halwa and Poori at home.
- Put these puris in 13 places in a pile of four (चार- चार के ढेर) on the plate and also keep the pudding on them.
- Apply rice on the plate by tilak it with roli.
- After placing the pudding, along with saree and blouse, keep Dakshina as per your wish.
- Also put rice and kumkum around the puris.
- Take the pallu in hand and rotate it around this plate seven times.
- Now give puri and halwa to the thirteen invited women before the meal.
- Prepare another plate for mother-in-law.
- Keep in its base of Gold Nose Pin, lachha, bindi, kajal, beechia (बिछिया), mehndi, bangles etc., and keep some money along with it.
- Touch your mother-in-law's feet and give it to her.
- Now feed the thirteen women.
- Serve it to everyone with a plate of four poori.
- Tilak women with roli.
- Give as a gift by placing the items in the plate.
- Worship all the women also and take their blessings by giving them Dakshina.
- Make sure to feed the cow also and take the blessings of the mother cow.
- After completing the fast, do Chauth Mata meditation, apologize to her for any mistake done in Udyapan.
Karwa Chauth 2022 Puja Mantra List (करवा चौथ व्रत पूजा के लिए मंत्र)
- "ॐ शिवायै नमः"
- "ॐ नमः शिवाय"
- "ॐ षण्मुखाय नमः"
- "ॐ गणेशाय नमः"
- "ॐ सोमाय नमः"