There are two types of Vat Savitri Vrat are coming in the years one is called Vat Savitri Amavasya and second is called Vata Savitri Purnima.
This yeas, first Vat Savitri Amavasya is fall on on date of 30 May, 2022 - Monday and the second Vata Savitri Purnima fall on date of June 14th, 2022, Tuesday. It is a traditional festival for woman which was celebrated with lots of joy and happiness in some part of the country including Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab, Haryana and more. This festival is also called Vat Purnima because Amanta and Purnimanta as per the Hindu lunar calendar occur on the same day. Shani Jayanti is also coming on same date. On this festival women pray for their husband's long life and prosperity and performing puja vidhi as per ritual. And also doing a fast for full day. Here we mention all details for Vat Savitri Vrat katha, date, puja vidhi and timings.
Vat Savitri Vrat Amavasya 2022 (Date, Time and Muhurat)
- 30 May, 2022 (Monday)
- Amavasya Tithi Start on 02:54 PM on May 29, 2022
- Amavasya Tithi Ends on 04:59 PM on May 30, 2022
Vata Savitri Vrat Purnima 2022 (Date, Tithi and Muhurat)
- 14 June 2022 (Tuesday)
- Purnima Tithi Start on 09:02 AM on Jun 13, 2022
- Purnima Tithi Ends on 05:21 AM on Jun 14, 2022
Vat Savitri Vrat Puja Vidhi (Amavasya and Purnima)
- Wake-up early morning and take a bath, wear new cloth
- Do fast for full day and wear saree and birdal jewellery (As per Hindu ritual)
- Visit nearest temple where have Banyan Tree (Vata) to perform puja
- Do prarikrama around seven time to Banyan Tree
- Offer or spray water, red powder (Kumkum), cotton thread & Kapoor.
- Listen katha of legend of Savitri
- Fasting is over the next day morning
- Offer prasad OR Dakshina to Brahmin.
Vat Savitri Vrat Puja Samagri List
- Kalash Sthapana,
- Panchang Sthapana
- 64 yogini Pujan
- Shetrapal Puja
- Swasti Vachan
- Ganesh Pujan and Abhishek
- Navgraha Pujan and 108 chants of each planetary mantra
- Invocation of major Gods and Goddesses in Kalash
- Chanting of Dwadashakshar Mantra 2100 times
- Aarti and Pushpaanjali