Mohini Ekadashi (मोहिनी एकादशी 2022) is considered a very holy, fruitful date and one of the important fasting days in Hinduism. This time Mohini Ekadashi 2022 is coming on 12th May 2022, Thursday. This fast is observed on the Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Vaishakh month (शुक्ल पक्ष की एकादशी), this day is celebrated to worship Lord Vishnu (भगवान विष्णु) and his incarnation Mohini. It is believed that fasting on Mohini Ekadashi day removes all sins (पाप) and sorrows. Reciting the Mohini Ekadashi katha on this day gives a virtue equal to donating one thousand cows (एक हजार गायों के दान के बराबर पुण्य).
According to mythological beliefs, Lord Vishnu took the form of Mohini on the day of Mohini Ekadashi to take nectar (असुरों) from the Asuras and give it to the deities. All Ekadashi are known by different names and Ekadashi fast is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Know when is Mohini Ekadashi Vrat 2022 this time, know about the auspicious time or shubh muhurat, puja vidhu, significance and special measures to be done on this day.
Check Monthly Ekadashi 2022 List
Ekadashi 2022 Dates : ISKCON Ekadashi Calendar 2022 and Fasting List
Mohini Ekadashi Date 2022 (मोहिनी एकादशी तिथि)
- 12th May 2022, Thursday
Mohini Ekadashi 2022 Shubh Muhurat (मोहिनी एकादशी 2022 शुभ मुहूर्त)
- Ekadashi Tithi Starts : 07:31 PM on May 11, 2022
- Ekadashi Tithi Ends : 06:51 PM on May 12, 2022
- As per Udaya Tithi, Mohini Ekadashi will be kept on 12th May.
Mohini Ekadashi Parana Time 2022 (मोहिनी एकादशी 2022 व्रत पारण का समय)
- Parana Time - 05:32 AM to 08:14 AM on On 13th May
- Parana Day Dwadashi End Moment : 05:27 PM
Those observing the vrat of Mohini Ekadashi on May 12 will be passed after sunrise on Friday, May 13. The time of Paran will start from 05.32 am to 08.14 am. Dwadashi Tithi will end on May 13 at 05:42 pm.
Mohini Ekadashi Vrat Katha (मोहिनी एकादशी व्रत कथा)
Mohini Ekadashi Puja Vidhi (मोहिनी एकादशी व्रत एवं पूजा विधि)
- Wake up early in the morning and take bath.
- Wear clean clothes after taking bath.
- Cleaning the temple of the house and light a lamp of ghee.
- Resolve the fast by offering Arghya to Suryadev.
- After this, worship Lord Vishnu by setting up a Kalash.
- Install the idol of Lord Vishnu at the place of worship.
- Abhishek of Lord Vishnu with Gangajan water.
- Offer incense-lamp, fruits and flowers, naivedya and tulsi dal to Lord Vishnu.
- Do Lord Vishnu Aarti also.
- Chant the mantras of Shri Vishnu during the worship.
- Read or listen to Mohini Ekadashi fasting story during the day.
- Remember Shri Hari at night and wake up while chanting Bhajan.
- Ekadashi fast should be broken on Dwadashi date (द्वादशी तिथि).
- After worshiping God, offer food to the Brahmin or the needy and give charity to them.
Significance of Mohini Ekadashi (मोहिनी एकादशी का महत्व)
According to the legend, when the (समुद्र मंथन) churning of the ocean took place, after receiving the nectar, there was a ruckus between the gods and the demons. The gods could not defeat the Asuras (असुरों) on the strength, so Lord Vishnu took the form of a Mohini and trapped the Asuras in the trap of his illusion and made them drink all the nectar from which the gods attained immortality. It is believed that the importance of Mohini Ekadashi was first explained by Lord Krishna to King Yudhisthira (राजा युधिष्ठिर) and Saint Vashishta (संत वशिष्ठ) to Lord Rama. If a person observes the Mohini Ekadashi fast with utmost dedication and devotion, as a result he gets many 'virtue' or 'good deeds' (पुण्य या अच्छे कर्म). The merits obtained are equal to those obtained by donating a thousand crows (पुण्य एक हजार गायों का दान), visiting pilgrimage (तीर्थों की यात्रा) and performing yagnas (यज्ञों). Devotees become free from the cycle of birth and rebirth and attain salvation (जन्म और पुनर्जन्म के चक्र). By worshiping on this holy day, all sins are destroyed and salvation is attained after death.
- Dashavatara of Vishnu |10 Avatars of Lord Vishnu | 10 Incarnation Names List
- Vishnu Ashtottara Shatanamavali - 108 Names of Lord Vishnu with Meanings PDF Download
- Brihaspati Vrat Katha PDF: Brihaspativar Dev Ki Aarti, Guruvar Vrat Puja Vidhi, Udyapan and Niyam